This is a custom crochet for a old coworker/friend of mine. She wanted a chimp to be a certain size and the only way to do it was with embroidery floss and a super tiny crochet hook. It was part of a bigger present for friend of theirs and it was really well received.
These hats were made as gifts for a friend who just had a baby. I love making baby hats because they are so cute and small. Also because you can finish a project pretty quickly and feel very accomplished. I had a fair bit of leftover yarn so I made a matching hat for my friend so that she and her daughter can be stylish together the fall and winter. She sent me some photos and her daughter looks really friggin cute.
The pattern is adapted from a stitch pattern I found on Purl Soho. Their pattern was for a scarf but I thought the V shape works really well for a hat. Just a little detail without being overwhelming.
A while back I was picked to be a pattern tester for Croochet Shop. It was really fun pattern to make with the cute little pineapple. It was the first time being a pattern testing. It makes me feel kinda fancy knowing a pattern before other people, even if it isn't in its final form.
This was a custom order, so the same person that ordered the Alfred Hitchcock. This was Granny from Beverly Hillbillies. It was hard to get her sassy features on her face.
The glasses were a fun addition. I'm a passable sewer but not my strongest talent. I've never had to sew something so small so it was a bit of a challenge. A surprisingly large amount of hand sewing. This project gave me new appreciation for people that make doll clothing.
This was a custom order for a returning customer of mine. He had previously purchased a crochet Rick and Morty, and his mom really liked it and was wondering if I had Alfred Hitchcock in the shop. He asked if I could make one as a present for this mother. It was a challenge, at this point I had never crocheted something to look like a person. It was an interesting balance of getting the features right without over doing it to the point of parady.
This pillow was a way to use up the Caron Cake yarn that I purchased for a review. (You can read that article here). It's a variation of a Purl Soho pattern. I liked the look of it and I had a pic of it pined on my Pinterest board for years, so I decided I would finally make it. Their pattern uses really chunky yarn, so I adapted it to better suit my weight of yarn. It was fun and used up the yarn nicely. Which was the goal. Downside is that used almost a whole bag of stuffing.
This guy still lives in my living room and either me or the cats snuggle up to it regularly.
This is a custom Rick and Morty crochet set. It was so fun to make. Rick is about a foot tall and Morty is about 7".
Rick's hair may have been the most time consuming part since all the spikes took a while to sew on the head. I was in school at the time of make these guys and I was sitting in a study lounge sewing the hair (instead of doing homework, oops) and my peers kept stopping me to freak out over how cool he looked. It was fun to talk to them about crochet and the TV show. Typically people thing the crocheting is kinda boring, so this project was good for people to see that it isn't just your grandma's craft.
At the time it was the first humanoid crochet project that I'd done. This project was a great jumping off point for me and taught me so many techniques that I used in my later crochet projects.
I made this hat for myself. I wanted to practice my gauges and swatching. Since this hat uses two different yarn weights, the same amount of stitches would made vastly different width of knit product. I had to change the stitch count from the brim yarn to the body yarn which was the thing I wanted to get better at doing.
I've been wearing this hat all the time since it was finished and love the contrast between the crazy brim colours and the muted grey body.
These mittens were made as a custom piece for my friend (the same one as the fern mittens). She's a big fan of The X-Files, and wanted some mittens to show her love. I also really like the show and was making my way through the series at the time. So I would binge it as I worked on the mittens.
It was so fun to come up with the design. I was really worried I wouldn't have enough space to fit all the text, and it pretty tight.
If I was going to redo this pattern I would flip the alien face pattern, since the only clean alien face is upside down. With the current design, if you are holding your hand out to someone, the alien is the right side up.
I made these mittens for a friend. She is a huge nature lover and wanted to have mittens that would reflect that love.
I had a bunch of graft paper and kept redesigned because the design would look to much like a pine tree and not a fern. It was a bit of a pain in the butt but I was determined to get it right. I also really enjoyed the challenge of wrapping the pattern around the mitten. I think that the final result does look like a fern leaf and my friend loves the mittens.
This Gengar was a custom piece I made from one my friends. Gengar was his favorite Pokemon, when he asked if I could make one and I jumped at the challenge. At the time it was the biggest crochet project I had taken on, it was around 20-30 cm (8-12") tall. To date, it is the project with the most appendages and spikes.
I made a second one since I enjoyed making it so much. That one was a bit more round and it's available in the shop here.